Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Designer's Role by Matvey Panov

"I think interior designers these days are becoming more and more a part of popular culture. It seems like designers are the celebrities for lifestyle. We change people’s ways of life and their enjoyment of it. Some designers are like the complimentary champagne served at brunch. Others are the heroes and heroines for creating people’s lifestyles. This gives a lot of responsibility to designers now. Everyone is relying on us, unlike in earlier, simpler times, where people relied on themselves to build an identity. Today you rely on someone else to fix you. A change of pace in the modern world, I presume. Perhaps we no longer have time to do things for ourselves and therefore need assistance. This has created the field of design, and we are being enhanced since designers have to study the arts of design. It certainly sophisticated design, and now I believe we as designers are the scientists and doctors for creating, improving, and repairing lifestyle and living environments." - Matvey Panov

No comments:

Post a Comment